H2Life Terms and Conditions - H2 Luxury and Signature Series
Please note the below terms and conditions apply to Signature and Luxury bookings, and separate terms and conditions apply for HakuCollection and Long Stay bookings.
- Deposit of 20% of the accommodation cost is due at time of booking to confirm your reservation with H2 Group.
- Full payment is required 60 days prior to your check in date with H2 Group.
PAYMENT, BANK FEES & CHARGES
- Payment is to be made by credit card. Where we incur a bank fee or charge in respect of any payment by you, then you will pay that fee to us in full.
- Credit card payments may take up to 8 weeks to appear on your credit card statement. The time of the charge and any exchange rates issues are not within our control and must be absorbed by the card holder. Please note that credit card processing times are out of the control of H2 Group and its partners.
- H2 Group cannot be held accountable for any exchange rate fluctuations for any payments or refunds processed. These fluctuations are outside of our control and must be absorbed by the card holder.
- Some additional services booked on your behalf (upon your request) may require cash/ credit card payment directly to 3rd party service providers. We are not responsible for any additional fees or charges that may occur for the 3rd party payments.
CANCELLATION/CHANGE OF DATE POLICY
Our Cancellation Policy is as follows: -Cancellation more than 60 days before check in date:
- 20% non-refundable deposit
- Cancellation 60 days or less before check in date
- 100% of accommodation booking total
Please note, the above cancellation policy will be reconsidered in the below circumstances: -Border closures prevent travel to your destination on your booked travel date:
- There is official advice from the Government of your home country, or official advice from the Japanese Government, stating not to travel to your destination
- Your airline has cancelled your flight to your destination.
Any cancellation must be made in writing and reconfirmed in writing by H2 Group or its partners before being considered a cancellation.
Any cancellation fees incurred in relation to guest services booked on your behalf will be charged to you in full should H2 Group incur a cancellation fee from a 3rd party supplier.
3RD PARTY SERVICES
- There are various products and services which we can arrange on your behalf which are provided by 3rd party partners in the area. We are not responsible for the actions or liabilities undertaken for these 3rd party services.
- All Terms and Conditions for the 3rd party services are defined by the Terms & Conditions on their own websites or any channels that they may have put this information forth on. This includes any guest services booked on your behalf by H2 Group.
CHECK IN / OUT
- Our regular check in time is from 4:00pm and check out time is 10:00am. We aim to provide a complimentary late check out wherever possible for your convenience, however this is not guaranteed.
- Early check in requests may not be possible due to housekeeping restrictions and is on a request basis only once in resort.
- In compliance with Japanese Hotel Law, a copy of each guest’s passport must be taken upon check in. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
- Valid credit card details including security code are required at check-in as a security deposit. Non-compliance will result in a booking cancellation with no refund.
- A booking is only valid for the number of guests stated in the most recent booking confirmation issued by H2 Group or its partners. Exceeding the agreed upon number of guests will result in full cancellation without refund, or an extra charge of 50,000 JPY per head per night – to be decided by us upon consideration of the property and its capacity.
- When car parking at the accommodation is available, this is available between the regular check in and check out hours only, unless by prior arrangement.
- We reserve the right to require vacation of the property any time after the check-out time.
CLEANING, LINEN & TOWELS
- Depending on the property, rooms can be set up with either twin or double beds if requested at the time of booking. Where a bedding configuration is not supplied and a bedding configuration must be changed at the request of a guest, housekeeping charges will be billed to the guest.
- Futons, baby cots and baby highchairs have additional costs beyond the basic accommodation fee for our ‘Signature’ range. These services can be requested free of charge within our ‘Luxury’ range. Please contact us for details and to pre-arrange these amenities.
- H2 Group provide fresh towels and linen at the commencement of each booking. Complimentary hand soap, body soap, shampoo, clothes detergent, dish detergent, and sponges will be provided at the commencement of each booking.
- At time of check out, guests are to ensure the accommodation is reasonably tidy, all rubbish is sorted in the bins provided, kitchen and dining utensils are washed or in an operating dishwasher, and furniture and chattels are replaced to their original position. Excess cleaning costs will be charged to the guest’s credit card where this is not the case.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTIES, FIXTURES & FITTINGS, KEYS & SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Guests accept responsibility for loss and damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels during occupation and permit H2 Group and its partners to charge their credit card in cases where loss or damage has occurred.
- There will be a fee of up to 10,000 JPY per lost or damaged keys. If this has not been paid for, it will be charged to your credit card.
SMOKING & PETS
- All properties and service vehicles are strictly non-smoking. If guests smoke in the accommodation or a service vehicle, they will be immediately charged a 500,000 JPY fine, and they may be evicted from the accommodation without refund. Additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected by the smell, including costs of alternative accommodation.
- Pets are not allowed in any properties or outside in vehicles without written permission by H2 Group or its partners. If guests have an animal in the accommodation without permission by us, they may be evicted without refund. Additional cleaning costs will be charged as well as compensatory charges for later guests affected in any way.
- The letting agreement is solely between H2 Group or its partners and the lead guest. Guests are not permitted to sub-let the accommodation, receive any income from other guests, or to promote the property to others. H2 Group and its partners monitors digital media for these activities.
- Non-compliance will result in an immediate booking cancellation and eviction with no refund. Assistance sourcing alternative accommodation will not be provided.
- Japan recognises only International drivers licenses which are based on the Geneva Convention of 1949. For rental cars and/or vehicles that are provided inclusive with accommodation, this international drivers license must be presented in addition to your home-country driver license on arrival.
- Parking is not always guaranteed at accommodation depending on the property and the level of snowfall. Please contact us to confirm availability at your selected property.
- H2 Group and its partners always strongly recommends you obtain travel insurance. This insurance can protect you against loss of personal belongings, public liability, injury and also against your need to cancel under certain conditions.
- Please note the cancellation policy applicable to your accommodation and guest services bookings, and ensure your travel insurance policy covers your booking in the event of cancellation.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to protect themselves against travel risks through appropriate insurance.
- Under no circumstances can H2 Group or its partners or any of the property owners be held responsible for snow or weather conditions and cancellations made thereafter. Holidays cannot be cancelled other than in accordance with the cancellation policy detailed in this document.
CHANGES, RESPONSIBILITY & FURTHER
- In providing booking services H2 Group or its partners acts as an agent for various property owners and we do not accept or undertake any personal liability when acting in this capacity.
- No responsibility or liability is accepted or undertaken by H2 Group, its partners, its employees, agents or contractors for any death, injury, accident, damage to personal property (including baggage) or any other matter arising from any act, omission or thing outside of their control.
- H2 Group or its partners reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion absolutely renders the booking impractical. In such an event, we shall notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative dates suitable, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
- Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period stated on your letter/receipt issued by H2 Group or its partners but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner, however we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current owners of the premises or any other body which is outside our control.
- All information in respect of goods and services offered, including prices, is subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. H2 Group and its partners have the right to alter, amend or cancel all or any arrangements or prices in regard to accommodation.
- In addition to the terms and conditions set out above, any booking is subject to further terms and conditions as advised at the time of booking or as may be displayed at the time of utilisation of the item or service. Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these terms and conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or any other jurisdiction.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- All specials, promotions and discounts advertised for holiday stays are subject to availability and can be removed by H2 Group and its partners subject to availability.